Choosing sauce to accompany your seafood will elevate your dining experience. The right sauce will introduce and enhance flavors in food, whether boiled, fried, or baked.
Bloves sauce is one of the best sauces for seafood boils. And the best thing is its customizability. You can swap or add ingredients to the basic Bloveslife seafood boil sauce recipe to fit your tastes and preferences.
What Is Bloves Sauce?
Invented by Bethany Gaskin of Bloves Life, Bloves Sauce is a flavor-packed sauce designed for seafood boils. It became a sensation amongst her online following, leading to the creation of the Smackalicious line of Bloves seafood sauce.
The savory sauces provided in seafood restaurants where they serve crustaceans in sauce inspired this delicious sauce. In the Mukbang world, this savory sauce is used mainly as a dip.
Bloves sauce combines various spices and flavors with butter as the base. Making the sauce at home allows you to experiment with multiple flavors, ingredients, and measurements to achieve the best variation.
You can use the sauce in various ways. You can boil your seafood and use it as a dipping sauce, marinade, or base for your seafood pasta. It also serves as a spicy butter sauce for crab legs and lobster.
Besides seafood-based foods, you can use smack sauce on steak, pork and lamb chops.
Bloves sauce is a sweet, spicy and salty season sauce ideal for sea foods. It is a blend of multiple seasonings and ingredients that you can make in less than ten minutes. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for the Bloves smackalicious sauce recipe.
In addition to these Bloves sauce ingredients, you can add flavor variations to your sauce by adding beer, honey, or Korean red paste.
Beer is an excellent addition to smack sauce. It adds richness and taste to the sauce, especially beers with a citrusy or fruity flavor. Start by adding small amounts of beer and tasting to get the perfect measurements for your sauce.
You can also add honey to balance out the other flavors in the sauce. Another variation is to add Korean red paste as a topping once the sauce is ready.
Bloves Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cups Minced garlic (or 4 bulbs)
- ¼ Chopped white or yellow onion for texture
- 4 sticks Unsalted butter
- 1 cup Savory chicken broth
- Smoked paprika for color and spice
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dried oregano for a peppery, sweet, and earthy flavor
- 1 Tbsp Light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp Old bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cajun spice mix
- Salt (add salt after tasting the sauce to determine whether it’s needed)
- In a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of each of these ingredients: lemon pepper, onion powder, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, mixed ginger, brown sugar, old bay seasoning, and other optional ingredients (dry) you’d like to add them into the mixture.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a pan on medium-low heat
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onions to the melted garlic. Add ginger as well (optional). Tip: pulse the garlic and onion in a blender to achieve the desired thickness
- Add Worcestershire and tabasco sauce or a sauce of your choice
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice
- Add the dry seasonings and continue mixing
- Bring the sauce to a boil and occasionally stir for about five minutes
- Remove the pan from the heat, let it cool down, and serve with your favorite seafood boil
Tips and Tricks for Bloves Sauce Recipe
- It’s a good idea to taste the sauce before you add the optional ingredients. The sauce is hot with the primary ingredients, but if you like more spice, you can add more optional ingredients as you taste the sauce. You can add more butter to the sauce to dilute the flavor.
- You can make more Bloves sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to two weeks. When refrigerating, you can save the fresh ingredients and add them when ready to use the sauce. You can freeze the sauce for up to six months.
- Your sauce may start to separate after it cools down. Place the sauce in a blender and pulse for a few minutes to combine before you serve.
- Create spicy, mild, and garlic-flavored variations of the Bloves sauce by adding or eliminating certain ingredients. For the mild sauce, do not add chili or hot sauces. For the garlic flavor, increase the amount of garlic you use in the recipe.
Nutritional Information of Bloves Sauce Recipe
This recipe produces about 20 servings of sauce, thanks to a large amount of butter. You can scale down the ingredients or save some for later.
Each serving of Bloves sauce contains:
|Total Fat||25g (Saturated fat 16g, Trans fat 1g|
|Vitamin A||844 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
Bloves sauce is a rich and delicious sauce, especially with seafood. You can purchase the Blove garlic butter sauce in mild and spicy flavors or customize it with all the ingredients you love to make a unique sauce. Start with this simple recipe and build it as you go.
This is a good recipe, I added a few things personally but my dish turned out amazing and my hubby loved it!!
This is a wonderful keeper.