Chicken lollipops dishes are perfect appetizers for almost all occasions! Among the famous dry non-vegetarian dishes, people love these for their saucy, delicious, and tasty lollipops for the kick! They serve these dishes as appetizers with Side Fried rice and Chinese noodles. These tangy and spicy styled chicken lollipops complement almost all occasions –family dinners, parties, or a simple snacking day.
Further, with this delicious recipe, you’ll know how to cook the perfect crispy chicken lollipops crispy from the outer and juicy and tender from within. The formula is divided into steps to ensure hot and yummy finger-licking Schezwan sauce where you drench the lollipops.
WHAT IS CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS?
Chicken lollipop dish is a famous Indo-Chinese appetizer dish in which you marinate and bake or batter fry frenched chicken marinate. These are either tossed or seasoned in spicy and sweet sauces or served only with your favorite dip or sauce.
These are chicken pieces –either drumsticks or drumettes, chicken leg pops, as they’re frenched or cut into lollipop shapes after pushing and cutting the meat down to the bone. The outcome is a lovely chicken treat that is lollipop chicken shaped and simple to eat.
These are fun appetizers or main course options; everyone loves making many versions of these lollipops. You can make only a few or quite enough for a party. The article shows how to cut chicken drumstick lollipop, then boost the flavor with a simple BBQ marinade. The outcome is a crisp skin, tender chicken, and a savory and delicious treat that everyone will love to have.
Indo-Chinese fusion foods like chicken lollypops are pretty renowned in Chinese and Indian restaurants. You’ll see most orders in such places. People, mainly family, love Chinese food in restaurants.
Chicken Lollipop Recipe
- ½ kg chicken drummettes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1¼ tbsp mince or ginger garlic paste or ½ tsp each of powder
- ½ tsp any garam masala or spice powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cornstarch (2 tbsp rice flour) or white corn flour
Chicken Lollipop seasoning:
- 1 small, finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¾ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp red chili paste, hot sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cups water
- Garnishing (optional)
- 2 tbsp spring onions or chopped celery
- Many people prefer soaking the chicken pieces in buttermilk for around an hour.
- While using larger drummettes or wings, you can soak them for about 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Please don't skip this vital measure, as it helps in yielding softer and more tender chicken while grilled and fried.
- Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk.
- Always cover container and also wrap them with some disposable bags. Keep the chicken bowl in fridge compartment, which isn't used for veggies, fruits, and nuts.
- Take out fats and skin before continuing with further steps. Hold the drummettes thinner side. Also, with a knife, you can bring the meat to the other side.
- In case of any left-out buttermilk, you can drain it off. Now add paprika or chili powder, Ginger garlic, spice powder, and the pepper powder. Also, gently toss for coating.
BAKE OR FRY CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
- Mix the cornflour with salt. Later add things to the bowl.
- Now mix it well. When avoiding corn flour, you can use unbromated and unbleached flour. It is also possible to form all these without the flour or use around 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Now shape them into balls on a side and keep them on a plate.
- You can start frying or grilling. Grill it preheated over at 240 C temperature for around 20 to 22 mins, based on its size, or you can heat it in a pan. With hot oil, deep fry these on medium to high until you've cooked them.
- Don't fry these on high flame. It would brown chicken outside without cooking it on the inside. Now frying it on low flame turns chicken hard.
- After finishing the frying process, drain these on the kitchen towel and fry these in three batches.
- Transfer oil to the bowl. Later, you need to keep around 1.5 tsp oil in pain. Now add garlic ginger and dry them until they're fragrant.
- Now add some onions and fry them until they start looking transparent. While you fry the onions, you need to prepare red chili paste.
- Now mix around 3/4 tbsp chili power with around 1.5 tbsp water. Instead, you can also try using ready-made paste.
- Mix around 1 tsp vinegar with about 1 tsp brewed soya sauce for around half kg of chicken and pour it into the pan.
- Now add red chili paste, sugar, or sauce. You can sauté things together without burning them.
- Then you can pour cup water and then stir.
- Allow cooking sauce until it starts thickening.
- Add chickens and start tossing. You can keep it aside as the sauce turns spicy.
TRICKS AND TIPS FOR CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
You can add more flavor to the lollipop chicken wings marinade by reserving a small amount and basting the chicken with additional sauce after it’s done. Turn the broiler to low and then place the chicken in the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
NUTRITION INFORMATION OF CHICKEN LOLLIPOP
The nutrition facts are an approximation:
Calorie amount per serving is 322. Out of which calories from fat are 198.
* 22g Fat has 34%
* Saturated Fat 3g 19%
* Cholesterol 77 mg 26%
* Sodium 305mg 13%
* Potassium 305mg at 9%
* Carbohydrates 14g at 5%
* Fiber 1g at 4% daily value
* Sugar 2g at 2% daily value
* Protein 15g at 30% daily value
* Calcium 29mg at 3% daily value
* Vitamin A 1060 IU at 21%
* Iron 1.2 mg at 7%
You can make the lollipopping chicken sauce ahead of time if you make large batches. You can reheat the sauce and re-fry your wings for about a minute. To finish, you can toss the wings to coat them. It is the best way to ensure the wings are crisp when you serve them. With the method mentioned above, you can cook the best restaurant-style chicken lollipop wings in no time and satisfy he cravings of your guests with an excellent hot start.
This was so easy and so tasty. Thanks!
My daughters would love it if I made this every week!
Cooked this last night. Was impressed with how good this tasted given the ingredients, but it was delicious.