Cream cheese frosting is very delicious on top of a cupcake, or any cake you bake. If you do not want to use butter then this frosting will make your cake taste delicious. If you have friends over and you serve them cakes with this frosting, they will not stop parsing your baking skills.
Even if you don’t invite friends over, you can enjoy the delicious cupcakes while watching your favorite shows or reading books, while wrapped in a cozy blanket. Let’s know more about the cream cheese frosting recipe and no butter recipe below.
WHAT IS CREAM CHEESE FROSTING NO BUTTER?
The recipe for cream cheese frosting without butter is very easy and you can make 3 ingredient frosting or a 2 ingredient cream cheese frosting.
This is a fluffy and butterless delight for your cupcake. You can use this for your cakes, cookies, chocolate, and red velvet cupcakes. You will need only a few ingredients to make this delicious topping. You will need a pinch of salt, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and cream cheese. Once you have gathered the ingredients, beat it with a hand mixer and it will become a creamy, airy, and fluffy texture that you will fall in love with.
For this cream cheese icing with no butter, you need to prepare some ingredients first. Take a look at the below list.
* Cream cheese. You can opt for Philadelphia cheese for the frosting or any other brands available in the local market or online. It’s up to you.
* Powdered sugar. You need to blend the sugar cubes into fine powder. This way the frosting will not feel funny in your mouth.
* Double whipping cream. You need heavy or double-whipping cream for this frosting. That way the cream will be delicious and more fluffy.
* Vanilla extract. You can add vanilla flavor or any other like almond, orange, or lemon.
* A pinch of salt. This will bring the right flavor to the cream.
* This is a no-butter frosting, so no butter is needed for this.
Cream Cheese Frosting No Butter
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- ¾ cups Double whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Take a mixing bowl and pour the heavy cream into it and beat it. You have to whisk it until it has stiff peaks.
- Cover the bowl and transfer it to the refrigerator so you can move on to the next step.
- Next, you have to add the cream cheese to a different bowl and whisk it with a hand mixer until it becomes smooth and softens.
- Add powdered sugar, salt and vanilla essence. You have to whisk it until the ingredients are mixed properly.
- Now, you have to take out the whipped cream bowl from the refrigerator and pour the cream cheese batter into it. You have to mix it until everything is mixed perfectly.
- At last, pour this cream mixture into a piping bag, or just spread the frosting with a spatula over the cake
You can eat it with strawberry desserts, chocolate cookies, pumpkin bread, carrot cake, red velvet cake, and many more. You will find endless options that will go with this frosting. In addition, when you serve it with any sweet baked food, you will not miss the butter in the topping. You will always find this vanilla frosting without butter to be the best topping for your holiday desserts.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING NO BUTTER
Now you have learned the recipe for cream cheese icing with no butter, let’s take a look at some tips below.
* You must keep the cream cheese mix at room temperature. If the cheese is frozen, you will have a hard time whisking it. also, the cheese will not mix with the cream properly. It will take an hour to reach room temperature. Also, make sure to make the sugar powdery, otherwise, the granules in the icing will not be delicious.
* Store the frosting in an airtight bowl for up to two weeks in the refrigerator, then you can store it for three months in the freezer. If you are making a large portion, then it’s best to store it in the freezer.
* The cream cheese flavoring frosting is a customizable topping. You can crush some Oreos and sprinkle some of it on the cream cheese frosting. You can sprinkle chocolate or powdered sugar, whichever you like.
* You can use strawberry jam to decorate the topping or pieces of fruit in it.
* You need heavy whipped cream for the recipe. Also, if you overfold the cream it will become runny and it will have no consistency.
* You need a thick frosting, and for that reason, you need to keep the whipped cream mix in the refrigerator and let it chill while you prepare the cream cheese. If you are not satisfied with the thickness of the cream cheese, you can add a little bit of cornstarch to make it thicker than before.
* You can use this recipe for 12 cupcakes.
* You can make lemon cream cheese frosting, cinnamon, and gingerbread. It has endless options for your sweet baking goods. You can even lick the frosting off your fingers when you are feeling stressed or just naughty.
* You can also make the cream thick or stiffer. But make sure not to use much heavy cream for that. You can add a good amount of cream cheese and powdered sugar for this.
If you want to know, how to make cheese sauce that doesn’t harden? You need to add hot milk to the cheese and the sauce will not harden.
For cream cheese frosting, you can make it with granulated sugar. But it will sweeten the frosting more than the powdered one.
NUTRITION INFORMATION OF CREAM CHEESE FROSTING NO BUTTER
A cream cheese flavoring in the frosting has some nutritional value. Let’s look at them below.
Dietary Fiber- 0%, Total Carbohydrates- 22g, Potassium- 12mg, Sodium- 63mg, Cholesterol- 0mg, Saturated Fat- 1.5g, Total Fat- 5.7g
Cream cheese frosting is a delicious topping for cakes and cupcakes. You can win hearts with this recipe. Also, you will have endless options with this cream. Read this article thoroughly to understand this easy recipe.
Made this yesterday and everyone loved it!! This is a great tasting recipe! Delish!
Wow this was amazing considering the short list of ingredients!
I made this for my boyfriend and now it is in our cook book.