Are you in a mood to try something really delicious which can provide you with a perfect balance of spiciness and sweetness? Then you must try creamed corn. It is so scrumptious that you cannot just stop at only one bite. With the best combination of flavors, it can completely melt into your mouth satisfying your taste buds.
The best thing about this dish is that it is quite easy to make. Want to know more about the creamed corn recipe? We are here to offer you all the details about the recipe and how you can make it. It doesn’t take much time to make and you can really enjoy the dish thoroughly.
WHAT IS CREAMED CORN?
The creamed corn is a perfect dish that can go well with your barbecue foods. The corn kernels mixed with the creamy sauce and some cheese can totally melt in your mouth perfectly. The old fashioned creamed corn can be a great addition to your next backyard barbecue party. Whether guests are coming over or you want to make something for you and your family, this is the best dish to prepare. If you want to know how to can corn without a pressure cooker, then we have discussed it below.
Easy Creamed Corn
- 4-5 cups corn kernel
- 2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Yellow onions finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- pinch of Nutmeg
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Chives and parsley
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- First thing that you have to do is to melt the unsalted butter first in a saucepan. Make sure to keep the heat to medium.
- Once the butter is melted, add corn and then the heavy cream. Also, add nutmeg, salt, cayenne pepper, sugar and pepper.
- Stir everything properly so that every ingredient gets properly combined.
- Now take the milk in a small bowl along with the all-purpose flour. Whisk these 2 ingredients together properly. You need to make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour this mixture on the corn mixture that you have in your saucepan. Stir 2 mixtures together again properly.
- Keep on stirring constantly for about 4 to 5 minutes. Make sure that everything is properly mixed thoroughly. You will notice the mixture will get thickened. Make sure that the corn is properly cooked.
- Once it is done, you have to taste. If needed, you can add additional salt, sugar, nutmeg, pepper or cayenne pepper.
- When the taste is perfect, turn off the heat and serve it in different bowls by garnishing it properly.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR CREAMED CORN
Here are some of the tips and tricks that can help:
* You can pack the kernels of the corn in a jar and pour the boiling water over the kernels keeping an inch headspace in each jar
* You can make the creamy corn soup with basil in the same way but adding more water to it
* Add more cream or cheese to this dis to get creamed texture properly
* Garnish generously before serving to the guests for a better impression
* You can serve this as a side dish beside your barbecued foods
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION OF CREAMED CORN
For all the health conscious people out there, here is the nutritional information about this creamed corn recipe:
Total Calories: 211 Kcal
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Sodium: 215 mg
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Fat: 8 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Calcium: 68 mg
This is the exact creamed corn canned recipe that you need to try at home. So, if you are wondering what to serve with the barbecued meats and veggies, then you can add this recipe to the side. This is an American side dish which is often served as a side along with barbecue foods.
Delish!!! Very tasty!
5 Stars isn’t enough!!!!!
Easy to put together and tasty too!