Overall about Garlic Mushroom Thin Pork Chops Recipe
Everyone can get a quick, easy-to-prepare, and delicious meal with thin pork chops recipe. On busy days, easy-to-prepare but mouthwatering recipes are life savers to help you wrap up the day with a smile on your face. The secret ingredient in this meal is the thin pork chop. Impress your insatiable appetite and even your family and friends with a simple recipe everyone will be raving about. The Garlic Mushroom Thin Pork Chops is a recipe that is easy to prepare using ingredients you can get from your pantry.
Garlic Mushroom Thin Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless or bone-in pork chops that are about 1-inch thick
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE GARLIC MUSHROOM GRAVY
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cook the Thin Pork Chops
- Pat your thin pork chops dry before adding the seasonings using a paper towel.
- Mix the seasonings – garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Generously coat the pork chops with the seasonings on all sides. Shake off any excess.
Sear the Pork Chops
- As thin pork chops easily run dry, poke holes using a toothpick or fork before putting them in the skillet. Doing this will ensure that the meat stays juicy.
- Add olive oil and butter in a cast iron skillet set on medium-high. Cook each pork for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are brown. Set aside on a warm plate.
Make the Garlic Mushroom Sauce
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Scrape off the leftover pork chops mixing them with the mushroom.
- Saute the garlic, parsley, and Italian seasoning with the mushroom for thirty seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth and add the cream. Stir well. Let the sauce simmer for 3-4 minutes until it thickens. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to fit your taste.
- The sauce can be thickened by adding grated Parmesan cheese. Once the sauce thickens, add the pork chops back to the skillet and simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the pork chops to absorb the mushroom sauce, intensifying the flavor in the meat.
- Remove the pork chops and add the remaining sauce to the serving plate.
- A keto or low-carb meal that’s best served with garlic green beans. For the family, serve it with Mashed potatoes or pasta for the kids.
Tips & Tricks for Thin Pork Chops Recipe
BONELESS OR BONE-IN?
Pork chops, in general, are tender with a mild flavor. Choosing a thin boneless cut over the thick pork chops makes it quick to cook for dinner during weekdays. However, it can dry easily and is prone to overcooking.
Bone-in pork chops, on the other hand, result in a slice of more tender and juicy meat as the bone has some fat around it.
THAWING THE PORK
Thaw the pork chops and leave them out of the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before cooking them. When the meat is at room temperature, this will ensure that the pork chops will be cooked evenly.
After the pork chops have been cooked, allow them to rest. Loosely cover them with foil on a shallow plate to allow the juice to flow back into the meat.
For the mushroom, you can use a button, Bella, oyster, or shiitake.
You can also replace the heavy cream with half and half plus the chicken broth to add flavor to the meal.
Nutrition Information of Garlic Mushroom Thin Pork Chops Recipe
Servings per recipe: 4
Service size: 1 serving
Nutrition facts per serving
Total Fat 12.0 g
Cholesterol 54.2 mg
Sodium 275.7 mg
Potassium 563.1 mg
Carbohydrates 6.9 g
Protein 21.8 g
Preparing high-protein meals doesn’t have to be complicated to get the utmost flavor. With this quick and easy recipe, you don’t trade restaurant meals for delectable homecooked meals you can whip yourself. Surprise yourself with what you can do with simple ingredients from your kitchen, packed with nutrients. Everyone in the family will surely make the thin pork chop recipe a favorite.