Did you know Gigi Hadid is as comfortable in the kitchen as she is on the runway? Over lockdown, she shared a delectable pasta recipe that became viral, and we thought you might want the recipe.
The Gigi Hadid pasta recipe is below, along with some tips and tricks for perfecting the dish.
What Is the Gigi Hadid Pasta?
The Gigi Hadid pasta recipe is more of a pasta sauce recipe, but it’s mouthwatering spicy goodness. The sauce has a strong kick of heat from the red pepper flakes, with a well-balanced acidity from the vodka. Gigi loves this recipe, which is why she shared it with us.
The spicy red sauce seeps into the nooks and crannies of pasta shells perfectly, creating a creamy and decadent dinner. Gigi shared this delightful recipe on her Instagram Stories, which fans quickly tried and loved.
Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound Shell pasta
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 cup Diced red onion or 1 cup diced shallot or 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- ½ cup Tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Vodka eliminate vodka or substitute with equal parts of lemon or lime juice combined with apple or grape juice for acidity
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 Teaspoons Red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Pasta water
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Chopped basil
- Cook the pasta shells using the instructions on the box. Save one cup or more of the cooking liquid before you drain the pasta.
- As the pasta cooks, heat a large pan on the stove. Set the burner to medium heat and add the olive oil to the pan. Allow the oil to heat up for about two or three minutes, depending on your stovetop.
- Once the oil is hot, right before it starts smoking, add the diced onion. Stir the onion, so it's coated in olive oil, and allow it to simmer for two or three minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue stirring the garlic, onion, and oil.
- After a minute or two of the garlic cooking, add the tomato paste and spread it out in the pan. Stir often and wait until the tomato paste darkens slightly. It should take about two or three minutes.
- Pour the vodka (or vodka substitution) into the mixture and stir thoroughly. If not using vodka, skip this step.
- Add the heavy cream and red pepper flakes. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens, leaving it on medium heat. It can take between two and five minutes for it to thicken properly. Stir often during this step.
- Add the cooked pasta once the sauce is thick and creamy. Make sure the sauce covers the pasta thoroughly. If using shells, you want the inside of each shell to have sauce.
- Add half a cup of pasta water and butter. Continuously stir until everything combines. Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Once the pasta is coated and you like the consistency of the sauce, add the parmesan cheese, add salt and pepper, and taste. Add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves and serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks for Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
Below are some helpful tips and tricks for executing the Gigi Hadid pasta recipe. Keep these tips and tricks and mind while following the recipe steps above, as Gigi recommends some of these tips.
- Salt the pasta water with sea salt for tastier pasta with more flavor, but do not add olive oil to the pasta.
- Cook pasta al dente, so it won’t be overcooked and mushy by the end of the recipe. It will cook slightly more in the sauce at the end.
- Stir the onion and garlic often to avoid burning, but allow them to saute in the olive oil until they are mostly translucent and very aromatic.
- Some people may ignore the cup of pasta water, but this is the key to making a thick, silky sauce. Make sure you save the pasta water, as it’s filled with starches that create the perfect texture.
- You want the pasta entirely coated with sauce before serving, as this helps cook the pasta a tiny bit more and create a chewy and delectable texture. Gigi recommends stirring for longer than you think you need to ensure the butter fully melts and the pasta is coated.
Nutrition Information of Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
The nutrition information below is an estimate. The nutritional values may differ depending on ingredient substitutions and the quantity made.
- Calories: 820kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 55g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Potassium: 528mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7.4g
- Vitamin D: 20µg
- Calcium: 544mg
- Iron: 1mg
Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe is ideal for a weeknight dinner or chilly evening. The famous American model lives a decadent life, and this pasta fits into it perfectly. This dish might be the only pasta recipe that makes you feel like a supermodel.
I am not a cook but I know how to follow a recipe.
This was a delicious recipe.