Whipped cream may be simple but this is a very amazing side dessert to pair with all kinds of fruits and sweets. No wonder why you should always have whipped cream at every party! Fortunately, you can make your own version of this and you can also regulate its sweetness and consistency, and you can even add aroma and fragrance! Thus, making your own whipped cream out of your own integrated recipe will definitely be healthier and more organic!
An overview of whipped cream
It is called whipped cream because it is basically a cream whipped to make its particular consistency and texture. Whipped cream or whipping cream is a light, frothy, and airy foam of milk or whichever cream base is used.
In the making of Whipped Cream
This homemade whipped cream recipe would take you 10 minutes of preparation time and three cups of whipped cream of your personalized taste and texture. The equipment and tools you need are:
* An electric mixer or whisker
* Mixing bowl
* A melamine or plastic spatula
The ingredients you need to come up with the base whipped cream or whipping cream are:
* Heavy whipping cream or heavy cream:
Make sure that when you start making your whipped cream, the base cream that you are about to use is cold or chilled. Instead of heavy cream, you can use any other milk you want such as almond milk, soy milk, lactose-free milk, etc.
* Powdered sugar:
It is better to add some sugar to your whipped cream to taste whether you will use it for desserts, soups, salads, or some salty pasta. Moreover, the addition of sugar gives it the ideal level of sweetness and allows it to be consumed right from the mixer or from the fridge.
* Vanilla Extract:
The vanilla extract content of your whipped cream should not be too prevailing. It should only give a musky aroma making it the perfect versatile topping for any dish! The purpose of vanilla is only to neutralize the heavy taste of the whipped cream from the natural savor of the milk.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1½ cups Heavy whipping cream or heavy cream
- ½ cups Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Vanilla extract
- Make sure that your ingredients are prepared in separate containers.
- Make sure that you are using a chilled or frozen mixing bowl. Mixing bowls for making whipped cream should support the temperature required in making whipped cream to give it a thicker consistency. Thus, it has to remain cold when whisking all the ingredients together. You can place the mixing bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours or 30 minutes in the freezer before using it for making the recipe.
- It is always better to make and finish making the recipe in the short period of time as much as possible. So, it is recommended to combine all the ingredients together immediately when you take out the mixing bowl from the fridge.
- To start mixing and whisking, keep the speed of the electric machine as low as possible to thoroughly mix all the ingredients together. If you are using milk instead of whipping cream or heavy cream, you can start the whisk at medium speed.
- After 1 minute of low-speed whisking, gradually increase the speed of the whisker or mixer per minute for at least 2 minutes or until you notice a thick texture or consistency in the whipped cream mixture.
- Increase the speed to the highest level for a minute or two to fully froth and make the batter texture and consistency heavier, fluffier, and creamier. If you are using milk instead of heavy or whipping cream, you can continue whisking for 3 more minutes or until you achieve the desired consistency.
Tips and Other Creative Ideas for Whipped Cream
Whipped cream is popularly perfect for pairing with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. But this heavenly bliss is not only limited to that cause. Whipped cream can be used as a frosting for cupcakes, tiramisu, cake balls, and all kinds of cakes and pies. Thus, it can also be used as an alternative to fruit salad dressings. Basically, you won’t need any pairings if you make a good whipped cream that you can enjoy eating without other goodies to match with.
Your customized whipped cream recipe can also be used as a frosting for your favorite homemade fruit, herbal teas, cappuccinos, and frappuccino! To give your milk some poppy appeal, you can just grab this whipped cream recipe from the fridge and you can give your glass of milk a cheerful twist! A cup of hot chocolate can also be a good base for a whipped cream vodka recipe!
You will never imagine this, but you can surprisingly top your cola with this whipped cream too!
Pasta and other dishes
Alas! This whipped cream can also be a dressing or pairing for pasta, stews, and sautés! An almond milk whipped cream recipe can be an alternative to your ricotta or parmesan cheese!
This playful and angelic food has a neutral taste when it is made from pure basic ingredients. But you can definitely enhance it according to how it should taste and smell for the dish or dessert that you want to use it for. Hence, there are only two additional components for whipped cream to add and articulate its texture and consistency: sugar and vanilla. If you want to personalize your whipped cream, you can add lemon to come up with a zesty taste and thicker batter.
Health Benefits of Whipped Cream
You get these nutrients out of this whipped cream recipe servings
* 1200 calories
* 9 grams of protein
* 150 grams of fat
* 9 grams of carbohydrates
* 9% of Vitamin A (daily requirement of the body)
* 30% of Vitamin D (daily requirement of the body)
* 21% of Vitamin E (daily requirement of the body)
* 21% of Calcium (daily requirement of the body)
* 12% of Choline (daily requirement of the body)
* 21% of Phosphorus (daily requirement of the body)
* 9% of Vitamin K (daily requirement of the body)
What an excellent recipe!
I’ve made this a few times.
This was absolutely GREAT!!