The next time you feel the pizza craving coming on, consider making your pizza crust out of chicken instead of traditional dough – your taste buds will be thanking you! This chicken pizza crust recipe is easy to make and has only five ingredients, most of which are probably already in your kitchen.
While you’re at it, whip up a few extra batches to freeze so that you can create customized frozen pizzas in less than 20 minutes. The best part? There’s no rolling or baking required! It’s heavenly with all the right flavours, it’s easy to make and the leftovers taste even better than the original!
Well, that’s exactly what you can do when you make this chicken pizza crust recipe! It’s the perfect recipe for anyone who loves to cook or would like to experiment in the kitchen and try new recipes! Check out this chicken pizza crust recipe. You’ll be glad you did.
WHAT IS CHICKEN CRUST PIZZA?
Chicken crust pizza is the best of both worlds: it tastes like a traditional pie and doesn’t have any carbohydrates. It’s also a great option for keto dieters who want to enjoy pizza without feeling guilty! With this recipe, you can make chicken crust pizza with only three ingredients in less than 30 minutes.
This dish uses a low-carb flour that is ideal for keto dieters but great for anyone who wants to eat healthier. The crust is made with almond flour which gives it a nutty taste. It’s an excellent alternative to using wheat flour and is also gluten-free. The rest of your ingredients are simple: pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and shredded chicken breast. You’ll love how easy it is to make! Best of all? Your family will never know that you’re making a healthy choice!
If you’re making a pie for four people and only use half of a chicken breast for each chicken breast pizza crust (which is how most recipes suggest), you’re shorting yourself. You can get around 2-3 large pies out of one small chicken breast! That’s just not fair.
For great deals on chicken breasts, visit your nearest Costco. Also, think about buying a bunch of chicken breasts and keeping them in your freezer until you need them. It’s an easy way to make sure that you always have some on hand when it comes time to whip up your can chicken pizza crust!
Low Carb Chicken Pizza Crust Recipe
- ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed through a garlic press
- Pinch of dried oregano leaves or Italian seasoning
- ¼ cups tomato sauce
- Shred two cups of cooked chicken and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano or basil (optional)
- Place the mixture in a greased 9-round cake pan or 12 casts iron skillet -Press out the dough to form a thin layer
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown -Remove from oven, and top with sauce and cheese
- Broil on low heat for another 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese
- If you like a crispy crust, pre-bake the dough in a pan before adding toppings and finishing it off with an additional 5 minutes under the broiler.
- Alternatively, bake it on a pizza stone or a preheated grill. -Other ingredients that work great in place of chicken include chopped broccoli or asparagus, turkey pepperoni and anchovies
- When topped with cheese and sauce plus some fresh herbs for garnish, you'll have yourself one delicious homemade meal. The recipe can also be used to make a personal-sized pizza for two people by using ramekins or cake pans instead of a traditional round cake pan
- Add sauce and toppings. Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR CHICKEN PIZZA CRUST
The genius behind the shredded chicken pizza crust is that it takes just 10 minutes to put together and bakes up light and flaky. It’s a little more sophisticated than your average slice of pepperoni pie and also healthier. The shredded chicken pizza crust recipe has been circulating on Pinterest for a few years and has gathered some rave reviews from fans.
NUTRITION INFORMATION OF CHICKEN PIZZA CRUST
* Calories: 190
* Protein: 13g
* Carbohydrates: 3g
* Fat: 9g
* Sodium: 690mg
* Fiber 1g
* Sugar: 2g
Finally, the chicken pizza crust recipe is simple and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. The chicken dough pizza requires shredded chicken, flour, salt and an egg. Once it’s fully mixed up and in the shape of a crust on the pan, you bake it for about 20 minutes or until it looks golden brown. You can also add your favorite toppings to the pizza once it’s been cooked.
The taste of canned chicken pizza crust is surprisingly light with a crispy texture that will satisfy any pizza craving you might have! It’s perfect for those who are gluten-free or just want to avoid grains while still indulging in their pizza cravings. It has a crunchier texture than traditional pizzas which may take some getting used to but I would recommend trying this new twist on the classic dish if you’re feeling like something different!
It was so outstanding. My guests thought it deserved more than 5 stars.
This recipe tastes great! I made it exactly as written.
We tried this tonight.