Cake recipes come in a variety of styles and flavors for every occasion. A lemonade cake is one of the many varieties of cake that you can prepare at home. This tasty delicacy includes mouth-watering lemonade. Besides, homemade lemonade cake is perfect for any kind of celebration.
The lemonade cake recipe will remind you of the summer season any time of the year. The best lemonade cake recipe gives you a tender cake with a tasty lemon experience that you have on a hot, sunny day. So, take out the frozen lemonade cake when it is time for you to have dessert.
WHAT IS THE TIME NEEDED TO MAKE A LEMONADE CAKE?
No wonder, lemonade cake has a burst of tart and sweet lemonade flavor that no one can resist having. Are you thinking about making the recipe right at home but don’t know much time it will need? You may be surprised to know that lemonade cake with cake mix takes around an hour to complete.
To make the lemonade cake, the preparation time is about 25 minutes. So, that won’t be too long for you to prepare the mixture. Next, the cooking time is around 30 minutes. Therefore, the total time needed for lemonade baking recipes doesn’t involve more than one hour.
Super Easy Lemonade Cake Recipe
To make the cake:
- 50 g vegetable oil
- 347 g special sugar
- 113 g softened, unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 14 g cake and bread enhancer
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 25 ml lemon juice powder
- 360 g unbleached cake flour
- 284 g plain yogurt or milk
- 2-4 drops yellow gel-based color
To make the frosting:
- 149 g granulated sugar
- 43 g meringue powder
- 113 g boiling water
- 454 g confectioner sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp lemon oil
- 2 tsp lemon zest or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice powder
- 454 g softened, unsalted butter
- Start with preheating the oven to up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease slightly and flour 2 eight-inch square pans or two nine-inch round pans. Also, you can use slightly greased parchment if you want.
- To start making the cake, beat oil, sugar, and butter until the mixture turns a light color. About 2 to 3 minutes should be perfect.
- Next, beat lemon juice powder, vanilla, enhancer, salt, and baking powder nicely.
- Add the whole egg and egg whites at the same time. scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl until you see the mixture become fluffy. Again, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat them nicely to make a sticky residue.
- Try adding the flour in three directions by alternating it with milk or yogurt. Keep on scraping the bowl with every addition. The mix should have a fluffy texture after that.
- Put the color in the mixture if you are using one.
- After that, you can scoop the batter into the pans that you have prepared. To prevent doming, you can wrap the pans with the help of cake strips.
- Now, bake the cake for about 30 minutes until the toothpick or cake tester that you have inserted comes out.
- Lastly, take out the cakes from the oven, and cool them for about 10 minutes. Wait for some time before keeping them in a rack.
- After completing the procedure for making the cake, it’s time to make the frosting. Start by dissolving the granulated sugar in the right proportion in boiling water. Allow it to cool completely.
- Use an electric mixer and combine the cool sugar syrup with the meringue powder. Beat the mixture to a soft foam.
- Add and stir the confectioner’s sugar until it makes a thorough mixture.
- Get the butter and beat them until it becomes creamy. Next, add salt, oil, and lemon powder to the mixture.
- Assembling the cake is the next step you have to do. Start by spreading the frost onto the top layer of the cake. Top up with the second layer with frost along with the sides of the cake as well.
- You can store the leftover cake in a well-wrapped manner at room temperature for a few days with ease. Use a freezer for this purpose.
USEFUL TIPS FOR MAKING LEMONADE CAKE
* If you are looking for a 4-layer cake, use a serrated knife so that you can divide each part into two layers. Try to frost and stack at the same time. Finally, frost the sides of the cake.
* Wrapping the lemonade cake layers when they are still warm and placing the same inside the freezer is the best way to make the layers moist.
* If the frosting or even the cake seems too soft to decorate, chill them in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes. As such, the upper coat becomes firm and you can proceed with your decoration.
SERVINGS: HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN HAVE THAT?
Around 16 people can have a decent piece of the cake.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR LEMONADE CAKE YOU SHOULD KNOW
* 45g sugars
* 62g carbohydrate
* 2g protein
* 18g fat
* 410 calories
Lemonade cake with cream cheese frosting is one of the delicacies that you can’t afford to miss. Easy lemon cake mix recipes are simple and it takes about an hour to make a tasty treat that you can enjoy with your loved ones.
This really is a tasty recipe. It has become my.
Great recipe! Made this for my family and we all enjoyed it.
Really good, everyone enjoyed this dish. Very tender with lots of flavor. Will definitely make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!