Are you looking for an easy and delicious cocktail to serve? If so, you’ll love this recipe for a Vegas Bomb! A Vegas Bomb is not only a strong punch-packing drink but tasty and filled with caffeine to give you the energy you want.
What more could you want from a cocktail recipe? This fruity drink can be made into a fun shot or a cocktail over ice. The choice is yours.
What Is a Vegas Bomb?
A Vegas Bomb is a popular drink order at the bar. Although it is a simple and easy-to-make drink, the combination of chosen liquors and Red Bull make the drink an easy choice for anyone to make, especially if you want to add some caffeine to your drink.
A Vegas Bomb is typically a combination of 3 different liquors, which is considered a Royal Flush – whiskey, coconut rum, peach schnapps, and added Red Bull. Some alternate variations can add some additional liquids to the cocktail, like a splash of cranberry juice, switching the peach schnapps out for a different flavor of schnapps, or using a different brand of energy drink instead of Red Bull.
There are two ways to drink a Vegas Bomb – in “bomb” form or as a cocktail served on the rocks (over ice). A Vegas Bomb shot is typically served for fun and entertainment as you drop the shot glass into a pint-sized glass of Red Bull and chug the drink as you would with any other bomb type of drink.
But sometimes, you just want a bit of a more relaxed evening and would instead enjoy sipping on a Vegas Bomb rather than quickly drinking a shot. You can easily take this recipe, mix all the ingredients together, and pour over ice to enjoy the drink sip on your own timeline.
Vegas Bomb gets its name from the association of its Royal Flush with the popular Las Vegas casinos. Typically, a poker game at Las Vegas casinos can turn intense and become a game of high stakes. So when a Royal Flush shot is placed into an energy drink giving off high energy to its drinker, it resembles the poker table’s high energy and the poker players’ readiness to play all night until they win.
If you’re looking for a shot with a punch that also gives you a jolt of energy, then this is the recipe for you! It’s an easy recipe to make at home and pairs perfectly with your next party or game night. Once you get the experience of the Vegas Bomb, you’ll be sure this drink is on repeat.
The Best Vegas Bomb Recipe
- 0.5 oz Crown Royal
- 0.5 oz Coconut Rum
- 0.5 oz Peach Schnapps
- 4-6 oz Red Bull energy drink
- Ice cubes
- Pour Crown Royal, Coconut Rum, and Peach Schnapps into a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes.
- Shake the liquor mixture for about 10 – 15 seconds to ensure all ingredients are combined. Then, pour the mixture into a large-sized shot glass. Use a bar strainer to prevent the ice from falling into the shot glasses.
- Pour the Red Bull energy drink into a pint-sized glass. Do not add ice to the glass.
- Serve the shot and Red Bull energy drink together. When ready, drop the shot carefully into the glass filled with the Red Bull energy drink.
- Once the shot glass is inside the pint-sized glass, drink the drink until the glass is empty.
- If you plan to skip the shot and make a cocktail, skip the steps above and simply mix all the ingredients over ice, shake, and enjoy.
Tips & Tricks for Vegas Bomb
If you wish to dilute the drink or reduce the amount of splashing that occurs when dropping the shot into the pint-sized glass, add ice to the pint-sized glass before dropping the shot glass inside.
If you’re looking for fun and exciting entertainment, hold the shot glass higher over the pint-sized glass. The higher you hold the shot glass over the glass filled with Red Bull, the bigger splash you’ll get during the drop.
You can quickly increase the ingredient amount to create a larger drink serving size. This will allow you to prepare more at once or prepare the drink mixture ahead of time, store them in a pitcher in the refrigerator, and use them as needed.
So many variations are available for you to play with for this drink. Some ideas are:
- Using pineapple rum in place of coconut rum
- Using butterscotch, apple, or cinnamon schnapps in place of peach schnapps
- Adding cranberry juice, apple juice, or orange juice to the drink
- Replace the energy drink with another type of carbonated beverage but be mindful that by doing so, you may compromise the amount of caffeine.
You can skip the “bomb” part of the recipe and add all ingredients together in a glass for a cocktail instead of a “bomb.”
Nutrition Information of Vegas Bomb
Serving size: 1 drink
Calories: 252 kcal
Carbs: 20 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Fat: 1 gram
Sugar: 19 grams
Conclusion about Vegas Bomb
We hope you try this recipe for your next party or night in. You can see how simple and easy this recipe is and doesn’t require much time or prep work.
While this may not be a drink you make for sipping during the week, it’s perfect for a bachelor/bachelorette party, a birthday party, or a fun-filled college party.
This drink is sure to bring entertainment and life to your night, and we promise others will be asking for your secret recipe for the Vegas Bomb.
Made this tonight turned out great.
I just love this recipe. I tweaked it a little like I do for most recipes.