In this day and age, almost everyone has a favorite go-to drink at Starbucks. But buying beverages daily can get expensive quickly. To keep spending down, many people have found ways to make their favorite Starbucks drinks in the comfort of their kitchens.
This article will be all about Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea and how you can make your version at home. As the name suggests, this hot beverage is perfect to sip on when you’re feeling under the weather. But this tea is delicious enough to have any time, no matter how you feel! Read on to learn everything there is to know about this popular drink, including ingredients, how to make it at home, tips and tricks, and nutritional information.
What Is Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea?
Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea has had a long journey through the chain’s history. Initially, it belonged to the company’s much-coveted secret menu, which customers could request only if they were in the know. Eventually, it became so popular that it made its way to the main menu. These days, you will sometimes see it called Honey Citrus Mint Tea.
No matter the name, the beverage is made of the same delicious and fresh ingredients, which will be covered in the next section!
The Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea Recipe
- Peach Tranquility Herbal TeaWith the lightly sweet flavor of peach and florals, Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea is a soothing, caffeine-free beverage. For this recipe, you’ll need one tea bag per serving.
- Jade Citrus Mint Green TeaThe other beverage in this recipe, Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea, is a bright and complex blend of tea leaves that do contain caffeine. You’ll only require a single tea bag, just like its peach counterpart.
- HoneyYou can use your favorite type of honey that you keep at home in this recipe! If you want to explore an alternative sweetener to make this drink completely vegan, your best bet will be to use agave or maple syrup in place of honey.
- LemonadeAny brand of lemonade should work beautifully in this recipe. Freshly squeezed lemonade is an excellent option if you’d prefer a less processed version without added sugars and preservatives. For a fun twist, you could even use pink or raspberry lemonade to give this copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea a unique color and taste!
- WaterThe last ingredient for this recipe is filtered water for steeping the tea.
Heat Water and Lemonade
- To start, combine equal parts of water and lemonade. Once you’ve mixed them, your next step is to heat them until they are close to boiling (around 190 degrees Fahrenheit). You can use a microwave (in a microwave-safe mug!) or prep this stage in a pot on the stove.
Add the Honey
- Add the desired amount of honey to the hot water and lemonade and stir gently until the honey dissolves. You can start by adding one to two tablespoons and adjusting the sweetness to match your tastes.
- In addition to personal preference, you might want to consider how sweet your chosen lemonade add is before you start adding in the honey. Besides, you can always add more honey later on to make it sweeter, but you can’t take it out once it’s already mixed in the drink.
Steep the Teas
- Once you have completed the first two steps, it is time to steep the tea. Add one of each kind of tea bag to the hot liquid and steep between three and five minutes.
- The longer the tea steeps, the stronger the flavor will be. However, if the tea is overstepped, it runs the risk of becoming bitter.
- Remove the tea bags, and your copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Teas complete! Enjoy it while it is still hot.
Tips & Tricks for Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
Not a fan of Peach Tranquility Herbal Tea or Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea? You can still enjoy this recipe by experimenting with types of tea blends! Just be sure to choose something that will pair well with the flavors of lemonade and honey.
Moreover, if you are avoiding caffeine altogether, you can replace green tea (which is caffeinated) with another herbal variety.
If you want Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea to become your daily go-to drink, you can prepare this recipe in larger batches and reheat portions to have at different times. Multiply each of the ingredients by two or three and follow the same instructions. Store prepared tea in a sealed container inside the fridge and reheat it in the microwave or stovetop.
Nutrition Information of Copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
The exact calorie information for this recipe will vary depending on the type of lemonade and the amount of honey you use. That being said, there are roughly 150 calories per 16-ounce serving of the copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea.
Each serving contains about 40 grams of sugar, with 0 grams of fat and 0 grams of protein. Additionally, the Jade Citrus Mint Green Tea contains 20 mg of caffeine per tea bag.
Overall, this beverage is rich in antioxidants and vitamins that will live up to its name by acting like veritable medicine for those who drink it.
Conclusion for Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
There you have it! With this recipe in hand, you can now make this Coldbuster Starbucks developed in your own kitchen. In addition to saving you money in the long run, making this delicious copycat Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea ensures you get a drink that’s endlessly customizable and adjustable to your tastes.
Have you tried making this tea at home? What’s your favorite beverage to drink at Starbucks? Let us know in the comments!
Awesome with a little heat! Website is making me a better cook.
Absolutely delicious and worth all the work!
WOW this was so good.